- Materials transported typically include ore ,coal .This trend concentrating effort into bigger central located but larger enterprises.
- Collocating near coal mines,and accelerating the practice of supplanting the nations cottage industries.
- The mining industry faces logistics challenges such as moving copper, silver, iron or other mined products from remote mining sites.
- They also face the challenge of requiring transport for heavy mining equipment to and from remote sites which adds expense and complications that some other industries don’t have to deal with.
- Transportation within the mining industry commonly involves managing shipping by rail, which can be costly and difficult without a relationship with rail companies.
- It’s also necessary to properly track rail cars with the product to ensure they aren’t sitting for long periods of time and to find the best cargo insurance to minimize the expensive risk of theft.